To be a global asset management business that delivers exceptional investment returns to clients by attracting and retaining superior investment talent.
The 2017 Financial Year was another record year with strong growth in net flows of $4.7 billion, leading to record FUM of $95.8 billion (up 14% on FY16) and continued growth in base management fees (up 12%).
This delivered a record level of earnings with Cash NPAT up by 11%, and an increase in total dividends to 45.0 cents per share (up by 7%), representing an 81% payout ratio.
Since listing 10 years ago, the BTIM Group has:
- Grown FUM by 129%
- Increased Cash NPAT by 332%
- Delivered a Total Shareholder Return of 264%
The BTIM Group continues to built-out its globally diversified business across investment strategies, distribution channels and client base:
- Investment Strategies: We continue to expand our offering of over 70 investment strategies across asset classes, including regional and global equities, fixed income, cash, alternative investments and multi-asset investments.
- Distribution Channels: We manage funds on behalf of retail investors and high net worth clients directly and via financial advisers, as well as institutional investors including the Westpac Group.
- Client Base: Our clients are located across Australia, UK, Europe, North America and Asia.
Through diversification, the BTIM Group has grown into a stronger and more resilient business, which supports ongoing future growth.GROUP CEO REPORT STRATEGIC REPORT
Our ability to continue delivering value for our clients and shareholders is underpinned by the talented people we employ across the BTIM Group.
During the 2017 Financial Year we continued supporting future growth and diversity through investing in new and existing investment talent in order to deliver new investment capabilities.
This supports continuing growth in our investment capacity into new strategies and extensions of our existing strategies.Investment Strategies